For the 12th consecutive year, New York Institute of Technology is ranked among the top 50 universities in the North in the U.S. News & World Report 2022-2023 Best Colleges rankings announced today.
The university improved its position to No. 22 in the regional rankings, up from No. 34 last year. In addition to criteria that distinguish the institution from its peers (low student-to-faculty ratio, small class sizes, value, and diversity), the strong ranking positions also are attributable to the university’s continued efforts in improving overall graduation and retention rates, as well as the financial resources per student.
New York Tech’s 2022-2023 rankings include:
* #22 Best Regional Universities (North), up from the #34 position it held for the past two years
* #50 Top Performer in Social Mobility (Regional Universities – North), up from #60 last year and #73 the prior year
* #2 (tie) Campus Ethnic Diversity (Regional Universities – North) for the third year in a row
* #9 Best Colleges for Veterans (Regional Universities – North), up from #10 last year and #15 the prior year
* #65 Best Value Schools (Regional Universities – North) vs. #68 last year
* #49 Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (National – no doctorate)
“Once again, these rankings exemplify the institutional prioritization of the student experience at New York Tech,” notes President Hank Foley, Ph.D. “Strategic initiatives to enhance teaching and learning, linking curricula to career outcomes, and enhancements to engagement, advisement, student services, and teaching innovation have all had a direct impact on our retention and degree completion.”