The Long Island Music and Entertainment Hall of Fame (LIMEHoF) it is now accepting applications for their 2023 Student Scholarship program. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 12.
LIMEHoF will award $500 scholarships to graduating students. These scholarships will provide funding for eligible graduating high school students from Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn, Queens or Kings (Brooklyn) Counties who have shown an interest in pursuing a career in music. To apply and to read the eligibility requirements, please download the scholarship application (https://www.limusichalloffame.org/scholarshipsgrants/).
All applications must be postmarked by the application due date of May 12 in order to be accepted.
The LIMHOF Education Committee will base selections on the completed application and the following:
- 400 to 500-word essay on education and career goals
- High school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to the applicant’s commitment to a music career
Eligibility criteria is:
- Graduating high school senior from Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn (Kings) or Queens Counties
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Accepted full-time at an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in music
- Demonstrate financial need
- U.S. citizen or legal resident with I-55 permanent residency
For more information about LIMHoF’s education recognition programs, contact Tom Needham, education advisory board chairman at [email protected]. More information and applications may be found at https://www.limusichalloffame.org/scholarshipsgrants/