When it comes to home security, you naturally want the best for you and your family. After all, your safety and well-being could be at stake, and you don’t want to be caught out by faulty or substandard equipment.
That’s why it’s a good idea to buy from the best names in the home security business, but choosing one overall can be a tall order. Arlo and Eufy are two of the top names when it comes to home security products, but which one is best for you?
Does one offer better products than the other or is it more of a case-by-case basis? These are some of the questions we will aim to answer in this review. We will look at Arlo and Eufy to compare various pros, cons and other aspects of each company and some of their top products. By the end of it, hopefully you will be able to decide which one is right for you.
- Arlo and Eufy are both quite close when it comes to comparing them, and the main differences are in more minor details and specifications.
- Arlo and Eufy’s various devices help you to monitor your home through camera and motion recording and monitoring.
- We will cover various products that both Arlo and Eufy offer to see how their specifications and features compare.
- This list of products was compiled by taking top products from each company and then taking a frank look at what each company does better.
- There is no clear winner when it comes to Arlo Vs Eufy, as each company offers compelling features and benefits. It will come down to you to decide which of these will be best for your specific circumstances. Trusted review sites like Batten Safe can help you make these crucial choices.
What Are The Benefits Of Arlo And Eufy Security Products?
No matter which company’s products you choose, one thing is for sure; having these products gives you more control over your home’s safety. Both Arlo and Eufy have a wide range of quality products that can help you monitor vulnerable areas of your home or detect unwanted guests before they can do too much damage.
It also allows you to keep an eye on your home when you’re away or on vacation, hopefully allowing you to intervene before anything is stolen or damaged.
How Arlo And Eufy Smart Devices Work For Home Security
Both Arlo and Eufy generally allow you to connect your devices straight to your smartphone. This has a few benefits, but it generally means you will never miss a thing when it comes to alerts and monitoring.
There are so many circumstances where this could come in handy. For example, you may hear an alert at midnight while you’re sleeping. Even though this is a rude awakening, that’s better than waking up to a ransacked house, or worse.
Your house can also be vulnerable when you’re out or on vacation, and having smart devices connected to your phone not only allows you to act on alerts but also generally keep an eye on things.
Arlo Vs Eufy Product Showdown
Eufy Camera Vs Arlo
S330 EufyCam 2-Cam Kit
- 4K RecordingThe EufyCam 2-Cam Kit has impressive 4K recording capabilities for both day and night conditions, meaning you’ll never miss a detail.
- Solar PowerEach camera has a built in solar panel, meaning you never have to worry about charging the camera.
- BionicMind AIThe AI incorporated into these cameras can learn faces to differentiate between strangers and family/friends.
- No Subscription NeededWhile a subscription can be used for extra features like cloud saving, it isn’t needed to operate the camera.
- Solar PowerSolar panels mean you’ll never have to worry about monitoring the battery.
- AIThe facial recognition AI means there should be fewer false alarms.
- Needs Good Sun CoverageIn order to take full advantage of solar charging, you’ll not only need to live in an area with good sun coverage but also install the camera in an opportune place.
What Customers Have To Say
On the product page for this camera setup, customer reviews have been overwhelmingly positive with a 4 out of 5 star rating. Customers were really happy with the clear recording and other features of these cameras, but some felt that the audio capabilities could be better.
Arlo Pro 5S 2K
- 2K Video With HDRWhile half the resolution of the previous camera, the Arlo Pro 5S 2K does have clear recording with HDR for better visuals in multiple lighting conditions.
- Dual BandThe dual-band wifi capabilities of this camera makes it compatible with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks.
- 160 Degree ViewThe 160 degree viewing angles of the camera ensure there will be fewer blind spots.
- Color Night VisionColor night vision makes sure you will have clearer viewing even at night.
- Extended Battery LifeThe camera battery has been optimized for increased battery life.
- Easy SetupThe wireless setup of these cameras makes them ideal for no fuss installation.
- Dual BandThe dual band capabilities will make this camera more compatible with more wifi setups.
- High resolutionWhile the Eufy camera had a higher resolution, this one’s resolution is still very clear and more than enough for most people.
- SubscriptionWhile it can be used without an optional subscription, it is recommended to get the most out of this camera.
- No SolarYou don’t have solar charging out of the box, so you will need to monitor the battery.
What Customers Have To Say
On the Amazon product page for this camera, there is a 4 star rating from over 3000 reviews. Most customers were really happy with it, but a few customers did have issues with the battery life.
Arlo vs Eufy Security Cameras Verdict
Overall, when it comes to the features on offer, both cameras are great options but the EufyCam does come out on top thanks to its 4K visuals, less reliance on a subscription and solar charging.
However, it is a more expensive option, so the Arlo Pro 5 camera would be a great choice if you’re on a budget, as you still get some impressive features and quality.
Eufy Vs Arlo Doorbells
Eufy S330 Video Doorbell
- Dual CameraThere are two cameras included on the Eufy S330 Video Doorbell. The second smaller one can even move, so you have a much higher field of view with few blind spots.
- Delivery GuardThe delivery guard feature will alert you when a package is delivered and alert you if anyone approaches it.
- 2K HDR Recording2K HDR recording allows for crisp visuals in all lighting conditions.
- Long Battey LifeThe battery will last for up to 6 months before needing a recharge.
- High ResolutionThe 2K recording of this camera allows for impressively clear recording.
- No Subscription NeededYou don’t need a subscription to use this camera to its full potential.
- No Night VisionOne downside of this camera is that night vision is not included, so you will need to make sure the area it’s in is adequately lit.
What Customers Have To Say
On the Eufy product page, this product has an impressive 4.6 out of 5 rating, with customers generally happy with the quality on offer. A few people did have some issues with the motion detection, but these seem to be outliers compared to most people’s experiences.
Arlo Essential Wireless Doorbell
- HD Video With HDRHD resolutions and HDR are featured with the Arlo Essential Wireless Doorbell, allowing for clear viewing in different lighting conditions.
- Two-Way AudioTwo-way audio allows you to communicate with visitors or potential intruders.
- Night VisionNight vision is included so you can monitor the camera even at night.
- Connects To WifiEasily connect the video doorbell directly to your wifi network.
- Arlo Secure TrialYou can try out the Arlo Secure subscription service to see if it’s right for you.
- Long Lasting BatteryThe battery has a long life and can be recharged.
- Communicate With People At Your DoorYou can talk to guests in everyday situations and potentially deter intruders.
- Clear HDR RecordingYou will easily be able to see what’s happening with the crisp HDR recording.
- SubscriptionAn Arlo Secure subscription is needed to get the most out of this camera, so that’s worth considering.
What Customers Have To Say
On the Amazon product page, this Arlo doorbell video camera has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, showing once again that the vast majority of the 4531 reviewing customers were happy with the product.
Arlo Vs Eufy Video Doorbells Verdict
Overall, it’s a bit more difficult to name a victor in this showdown, as each one has its pros and cons. We would have to say that the Eufy camera probably wins on pure recording resolution and motion-detecting technology, but the lack of night vision is a big downside.
You can get this with the Arlo camera, but you would probably want to consider a subscription to get the most out of it. Either one is a great choice, but it will depend on how much you want to have night vision with your doorbell camera.
The Eufy option is also significantly pricier, and while we feel it earns that higher price, the Arlo camera may fit better into a tighter budget.
Eufy Floodlight Cameras VS Arlo
Eufy S330 Floodlight Cam
- 360 Degree Pan And TiltThe Eufy S330 Floodlight Cam has 360-degree pan and tilt so that there will be no blind spots.
- 2K Full HD2K full HD recording resolution allows for clear visuals so you won’t miss out any details.
- Smart LightingThe included spotlights will change color depending on the time of day.
- AI Subject LockingThe AI tracking will lock onto detected people and lock on to keep an eye on them.
- 3000 Lumen LightingThe powerful 3000-lumen floodlight will illuminate even the darkest conditions.
- 2-Way Audio2-way audio allows you to communicate with visitors and intruders alike.
- No subscription neededYou won’t need to pay for an optional subscription to get the most out of this device.
- Loud SirenThe camera has a 100db siren so that you will easily hear it during an alarm.
- Wired ConnectionYou will need to have existing wiring or install new wiring to use this system.
What Customers Have To Say
On the Eufy product page, there is a 4.6 rating out of 348 reviews, showing an impressively overwhelming reaction to the camera system.
Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
- Wire FreeYou won’t need wiring to install the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera thanks to the rechargeable battery.
- LED Powered FloodlightThe included LED floodlight ensures you will see in even the darkest conditions.
- 2K HDR2K HDR ensures clear visuals in multiple lighting conditions.
- Arlo Secure Trial IncludedThis camera also includes an Arlo Secure free trial.
- Wireless installationThe rechargeable battery makes installing this camera much easier.
- Flexible MountThe adjustable mount means you will be able to position the camera in a way that suits your area.
- More Ways To ChargeYou can connect the camera to solar panels to make sure you never need to worry about charging the device.
- Subscription RecommendedThe Arlo Secure optional subscription is needed to get the most out of this device.
- Fewer FeaturesThis camera is not as feature rich as the Eufy camera, lacking the sophisticated AI tracking and a few other features.
What Customers Have To Say
On the Amazon product page, there is a 4.3 rating out of 4562 reviews, once again showing that most people were happy with the camera. Some customers do complain about the extra costs needed to fully operate the camera.
Arlo Vs Eufy Floodlight Cameras Verdict
Overall, we once again see two excellent choices that offer high recording resolutions and powerful lights to illuminate dark areas. Eufy does seem to come out on top here, as there are more features with no extra costs needed.
Arlo does present a compelling budget option that would also be ideal for people wanting a minimal setup.
Eufy Security Vs Arlo
Eufy 5 Piece Home Alarm Kit
- Easy SetupThe Eufy 5 Piece Home Alarm Kit is easy to install, requiring no fancy tools or expertise to install.
- No Monthly FeesYou won’t need any optional subscriptions to use this Eufy system.
- Instant AlertsYou will receive alerts straight to your phone when any motion is detected.
- Easy DisarmYou can disarm the system via the keypad or straight from your phone.
- Different Kinds Of SensorsIn this kit, you will get a Homebase, keypad, motion sensor and 2 entry sensors.
- No SubscriptionNot needing a subscription is always a huge plus.
- Versatile SensorsThe two different kinds of sensors are useful for many different scenarios.
- No Camera IncludedThere is no camera in this setup, which is a bit limiting.
- May Need Extra SensorsWhile the included sensors will get you started, you may need to purchase more for more comprehensive protection.
What Customers Are Saying
On the Eufy product page, this kit has a rating of 4.6 stars out of 88 reviews. Most customers were highly satisfied, but some people did find the alarm to be a bit too soft.
Arlo Home Security System
- All In 1 SensorThe Arlo All in One Home Security System comes with 2 sensors that can detect things like motion, water, smoke and tilting of windows and doors. This means you can detect a wide range of threats other than intruders.
- Easy To InstallThis system is also designed to be easy to install with no tools.
- 24/7 MonitoringOptional professional monitoring will allow your system to be monitored by security experts and provides other benefits.
- Pair With Other Arlo ProductsThis system can be easily paired with other Arlo products.
- Easy SetupIt’s always great to be able to easily set up a system like this.
- CustomizableYou have a wide range of detection modes, and you can easily add more sensors or devices.
- No CamerasOnce again, cameras will need to be added at extra cost for that kind of monitoring.
- Only 2 SensorsYou will need to buy more sensors to cover a wider area.
What Customers Are Saying
Arlo doesn’t have customer ratings on their website, but this similar set on Amazon that has a few more sensors has a 3 star rating. While customers were generally happy with the sensors, some did have a problem with a few false alarms.
Arlo Vs Eufy Security Sytems Verdict
In terms of what is on offer here, we would say this is a close call between the two products. The Eufy system requires no subscriptions, but the sensors are a bit more limited.
Overall, you’re getting a great starter home security kit no matter which one you choose.
Arlo Vs Eufy Pricing
As we have seen with the product overview, the pricing can vary quite widely between the two. In each case where one was more expensive than the other, there are usually more features offered. Therefore, it is up to you to decide whether it’s worth paying more for extra features.
Arlo Vs Eufy Subscription Costs
One of the main benefits Eufy has as a whole is that their products don’t generally need a subscription, whereas Arlo products benefit from a subscription.
Eufy does have extra subscriptions starting from $2.99 and going up depending on the setup. You can find more information about pricing on this page.
Arlo has a few different plans available, ranging from $4.99 to $24.99, and you can find information about pricing on this page.
Arlo Vs Eufy Video And Audio Quality
Video and audio quality is one area where both companies are usually fairly similar, generally offering around 2K resolution for their visuals.
Arlo Vs Eufy App And Smart Integrations
This is another area where both companies are pretty similar, as both generally allow you to connect the systems to your smartphone for monitoring and alerts.
Arlo Vs Eufy Overall Verdict
That brings us to the main question, which is better between Arlo and Eufy? It may seem an anticlimactic answer, but the answer is that there is no clear winner. Each system we looked at had its benefits, and while in some cases one company may have come out on top generally, even then the competing product would have compelling features to offer.
It will depend on your own preferences when deciding, and often it will come down to whether you want to pay extra fees or pay more for the hardware.
How We Made Our List For Best Arlo Vs Eufy Comparisons
When choosing the products on this list, we wanted to go for some of the flagship products from each company in each company so that they would be on an even playing field.
What To Look For In Home Security Devices
This will depend on your specific needs for your home and property. We would generally recommend covering as many areas as possible and having multiple types of security devices such as cameras, sensors and others to cover you as widely as possible.
Systems that allow you to have control over monitoring and alerts are also highly recommended.
How To Choose Whether Arlo Or Eufy Is Right For You
When choosing which company is right for you, we would recommend really considering your needs for security. For example, maybe paying for a more expensive Eufy camera won’t be necessary if you don’t need some of the fancier features and a cheaper Arlo option may suit you just fine.
If you don’t fancy the idea of paying extra subscriptions, then you may want to consider Eufy. we would suggest looking at the features of any options and taking it into account for your situation.
Overall, we have seen throughout this overview that both Arlo and Eufy have excellent products on offer. It can be interesting to compare where each one comes out on top or falls short, but at the end of the day you can’t go wrong with either one. Consulting personal and identity security review sites like BattenSafe.com, are a great resource to find the best solution for your security needs.
We hope that this overview has given you a better idea of what each company has to offer and that it will help you to decide whether to go with Arlo or Eufy.
Arlo Vs Eufy- Frequently Asked Questions
Can Eufy Cameras Be Stolen?
Your Eufy camera could be stolen, but if you have cloud saving you may be able to identify the thief.
What Company Owns Eufy?
Eufy is owned by Anker, a company known for their charging and power devices.
Where Are Arlo Security Cameras Made?
Arlo is an American made company that relies on various countries to manufacture its products.
Which Is Better, Arlo Or Eufy Cameras?
As we have seen in this review, both have their benefits but Eufy cameras tend to have a few more features.
Do Arlo Security Cameras Require Subscriptions?
While you will have limited features without it, subscriptions are highly recommended.
Do Eufy Cameras Require A Subscription?
While subscriptions are offered with Eufy, they are not needed and only offer extra features.
Is Arlo Or Eufy Better?
Each company and their products have their pros and cons, but it’s hard to say whether there is an overall better company, as it depends on your needs.